Proud to Be Burnsville's Garbage Disposal Service Experts
Garbage Disposals in Burnsville
The leftovers are past their usefulness. You don't want to deal with them stinking up your garbage until the time comes to take it out. After a moment of debate, you dump the plate down the sink and into the mouth of the garbage disposal. After rinsing off the flatware, you go to flip it on. Nothing happens.
Most people in Burnsville don’t realize how much they use their garbage disposal until they no longer have one. Often placed out of sight and mind, these small appliances grind up food waste. In doing so, they allow table scraps to be washed away with the sewage. They are a convenience that is a staple in most modern kitchens. But, like all appliances, garbage disposals have a finite lifespan. The blades dull. Eventually, (like in the imagined scenario above) the motor fails.
When those things happen, it’s time to give the plumbing professionals at Amaxx Mechanical LLC a call. In business since 2017, we’ve been helping people install and maintain their garbage disposals for over 6 years.
Give 952-303-5061 a call to schedule garbage disposal repair or replacement in Burnsville.
Fixing the Most Common Garbage Disposal Issues
As mentioned above, garbage disposals wear down through regular use. In doing so, they become prone to breakdown. Fortunately, our plumbers are equipped to handle almost any type of garbage disposal repair. Not sure how to tell if your unit needs some TLC? Keep your eyes and ears peeled for:
- Grinding Issues: Garbage disposals are designed to mince anything dropped into them, including bones and vegetables. If your unit isn’t chopping properly, blunt blades are usually to blame. Sometimes, however, the motor’s power source is reaching a critical power point. If you notice stuff coming out the same as it went in, it’s time to schedule an appointment for garbage disposal repair in Burnsville.
- Loud or Weird Noises: A garbage disposal makes a lot of noise during operation, but it should never be jarring or loud. If the volume of the motor suddenly shoots up—or you hear abnormal noises—something’s probably wrong with the unit. For your safety, cease use of the appliance and give our Burnsville plumbers a call at 952-303-5061. We stock many parts needed for common replacements and can turn around most fixes in one day.
- Intermittent Shutoffs: Garbage disposals come with automatic shutoffs. These are meant to ensure the unit operates safely. Sometimes, however, the sensors and switches powering this feature can malfunction. This leads to the unit shutting off at strange intervals. The best way to remedy this is to contact us and book an appointment for garbage disposal service.
- Disposal Leaks: You open your cupboard and are greeted with the smell of mildew or rotten food. Looking up, you see your garbage disposal is to blame. Fortunately, repairing this problem isn’t always expensive. Sometimes a worn out valve or washer is to blame. Other times, cracked pipes produce undesired leaks and must be repaired. Regardless of the cause of your garbage disposal leak in Burnsville, our plumbers are here to help.
- Water That Doesn't Drain: If water isn’t draining from your garbage disposal, there’s likely a faulty valve. Until the worn out part is replaced, you won’t be able to use the unit. That’s why you should call a professional plumber as soon as possible. For readers who call Burnsville or Apple Valley home, we suggest contacting Amaxx Mechanical first.
Make Cooking More Convenient with Garbage Disposal Installation
Are you tired of the smell of rotting food stinking up your kitchen? Has your old garbage disposal reached its limit? Well, then, it’s time to schedule a garbage disposal replacement with Amaxx Mechanical LLC. Our plumbing experts truly understand these machines and know how to hook them up safely and efficiently. Their ample experience also ensures you get the right sized unit for your home.
Schedule garbage disposal installation or replacement in Burnsville by giving 952-303-5061
Garbage Disposal Care Tips
Using the garbage disposal as intended and following the instructions lessens the need for repair. While certain things vary from model to model, the following tips always apply:
- Watch Your Waste: Though you can put a lot of things through a disposal, there are some limits. First, don’t overload the unit. Space out putting waste down the disposal to give the attached pipes time to drain. Also, avoid tossing grease, coffee grounds, egg shells, and peels down the drain. These items can damage the garbage disposal.
- Keep It Fresh: You need to clean your garbage disposal regularly. Along with rinsing the unit, you should also throw some ice cubes down the drain to better scrub the blades. After that, put a few lemons down to lessen odors and remove stains.
- Treat Bacteria: The mixing of foodstuffs a garbage disposal encounters leads to bacteria build-up. These health hazards can be difficult to remove. That’s where this pro tip comes in. Once a month, sprinkle some baking soda down the drain. Wait a minute or two for it to settle and then add vinegar. The chemical reaction that follows will sanitize the unit and clean the blades.
Skilled in Repairing All Makes and Models of Garbage Disposals
We have served the Burnsville area for 6 years and are familiar with all brands and models of disposals. There are few issues our technicians have not seen, and they always come stocked with the parts needed for your typical garbage disposal repair. The brands we see most often include:
- Waste King
- American Standard
Call Amaxx Mechanical for Garbage Disposal Repair in the Burnsville Area
We know how important a functioning garbage disposal is to an efficient kitchen, and we want to keep yours that way. If you need to talk to someone about garbage disposal repair or replacement, contact us by calling 952-303-5061. If phones aren’t your thing, you can also use our online scheduling form. Our expansive service area includes not only Burnsville but also Savage and Apple Valley.
No matter the size or shape of your garbage disposal problem, our team is here and ready to assist needs. As shown by our reviews on Google, our Burnsville plumbing company is devoted to ensuring every client's total satisfaction. We want to be the company you recommend to your friends and family.
Get a Quote on a New Garbage Disposal in Burnsville! Call 952-303-5061